Equinox Vs. 2018 Ford Escape Comparison for Evanston, IL
If the citizens of Evanston, IL should know just one thing about us, it is that we only deal in the best Brand new Chevrolet vehicles on the market. So, you can believe us when we tell you that the latest 2018 Equinox from Chevrolet is truly a cut above the rest. As far as mid-size SUV’s go; first impressions last and the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox makes for a rather impressionable mid-size vehicle. Rogers Chevrolet is an honest bunch of individuals, so we have to admit that the 2018 Ford Escape has made a valiant effort. Sadly for Ford though, there can only be one winner, and that winner is most definitely Chevrolet’s latest 2018 Equinox.
Schedule A Test Drive
Let’s face it, the powertrains of the 2018 Ford Escape’s four wheel drive, which comes across all models, honestly just doesn’t match up to the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox. Take the Escape’s inline 4 for example, with 165 horsepower, the mid-size SUV is sluggish and struggles with drive efficiency.
The 2018 Equinox from Chevrolet offers quite a different story. Even their base engine has brilliant performance and doesn’t feel like a base engine model at all. The smallest 1.5 liter offers 170 horsepower and 230 pounds per foot of torque. There really isn’t a fair comparison between the two. Chevrolet has really made an excellent attempt at the updated version and it has paid of greatly. The engines are quieter, the drives are more efficient and the overall performance is more than satisfying.
The 2018 Chevrolet Equinox has some great ratings for a mid-size SUV’s fuel economy.
- The base models 1.5 liter engine comes in at 26 miles per gallon on the four wheel drive versions and 28 mpg on the front wheel drive models.
- The more popular trim level gives you 26 mpg in the city, 32 on the highway and a 28 mpg combined total.
- The front wheel drive diesel powered engine offers 28 miles to the gallon in the city, 39 for the highway drives and a combined 32 miles to the gallon. The four wheel drive surprisingly doesn’t alter the figures by much and gives you a brilliant 28 miles to the gallon for the city, 38 on the highway and 32 miles to the gallon combined.
The 2018 Ford Escape struggles to keep up, again.
- Ford’s 1.5 liter engine offers a less than satisfactory 23 miles per gallon when driving around the city, 30 on the highway and a combine 26 miles per gallon.
- The 2018 Escape’s turbo 4, 2.0 liter turbo engine continues to disappoint with the four wheel drive model pegging a fuel guzzling ; 20 miles to the gallon in the city, 27 for highway driving and a combined 23 mpg. The front wheel drive fares only marginally better with ratings of 21 mile per gallon in the city, 28 on the highway and 24 mpg combined.
The front seats of the 2018 Ford Escape doesn’t seem to have been designed to suit everyone, or everyone’s tastes for that matter. The slim profiles of the overall seating cause it to feel way too firm. It could be a case of minimizing the comfort of the seats, to add extra room to the cabin’s interior. Sacrificing the seating comfortability hasn’t paid off though. The total cabin size is a bit smaller as well which causes it to lose a few points for interior comfort. The legroom at the rear is also marginally smaller than those of some of its competitors, so passengers sitting at the back of the Ford might struggle a bit on long distance drives. The 2018 Escape’s attempts at ‘over styling’ the interior aspects of the mid-size SUV seems to be the cause for a lot of its cabin space being lost.
The 2018 Chevrolet Equinox on other hand, sets itself apart with its spacious comfortable back seating. The cosseting of the 2018 Equinox scores it some extra points and so does the drive comfortability. The interior drive of the Chevrolet has also been made quieter which adds to its appeal. The front seats are quite snug and offer comfort for drives over long distances. The rear leg room offers ample spaciousness and so does the way above average headroom. The Equinox has the capacity to carry two adult passengers very comfortably at the rear and up to three children will experience the same levels of spaciousness.
Why Buy The Chevrolet Equinox at Rogers AG?
The price differences between the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox and the 2018 Ford Escape is literally just a couple hundred Dollars, based on the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. Chevrolet’s Equinox comes in cheaper, but just slightly. If we take value for money into consideration though, you are sure to score with the 2018 Equinox. Take a look at the massive difference in the fuel economy ratings of the Equinox and you will agree that you will actually be saving a lot more than the advertised pricings in the long run.
Rogers Auto Group is a one of a kind type of environment. Our friendly service offered by ourselves and our staff complement sets some pretty high standards. We always aim to please and will not stop until we have you fully satisfied. We are glad to offer you the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox as a part of our wide range of quality assured, brand new vehicles. If you are still unsure about your decision to make a purchase, why not easily book a test drive with us? Satisfaction is the ‘the name of our game,’ and once you pay us a visit, you will get to experience this for yourself.
20 Matching Vehicles Found